
It is nothing short of ironic that to clearly and accurately see the world around me I must thrust my head into the clouds. For it seems that when I forget to notice the sky I lose perspective on this life below; it is precisely because my eyes are stayed on the path that I cannot continue the course. You see, there is something about the contrast of blue and white that sucks the air out of me and forces the effortless breaths of habit to turn to intentional struggles for life. Again, there is something about the still, suspended clouds across the unbound blue that makes my mind rapidly zoom out like the lens of a camera. I quickly gain perspective and know that I am small yet significant. When I notice the sky, I know that I am alive in this frail and fleeting present.
No comments:
Post a Comment